Turned-On Living: Commit to yourself, and a turned-on life, in community
Do you ever feel alone in your personal growth journey, like the only one who struggles with people-pleasing, a harsh inner critic, or burnout?
Do you ever feel like the only one who doesn’t know exactly what she wants, even though you are 35, 45, 55, or 65?
How are other women doing this thing called life?
Be part of a small, hand-curated group of women with a shared goal: turned-on living. Turned-on. Lit-up. Vibrant.
Turned-On Living is a special intimate yearlong group coaching program, my way of sharing the wisdom I have learned in 13 years of coaching and writing and researching for my memoir Wet.
Enter your email to start the conversation or go ahead and book a connection call. I talk with each person in depth to create a curated group.
Connect with your body’s wisdom to create a turned-on life.
I’m Sasha Cagen, a life and executive coach with a focus on somatics and sacred sexual energy, helping women 40+, since 2012. I’m also a tango dancer, a lifelong traveler, and the author of Quirkyalone and To-Do List. My books and coaching work have been written up in Vogue and the New York Times, and featured on NPR. I lived abroad in Argentina for six years and currently live where I grew up, in Rhode Island.
My specialty is coaching accomplished women who have a tendency toward people-pleasing, who want more for their lives, beyond the madness of American workaholic culture. I help my clients create their own versions of a turned-on life.
I have often thought that it would be great to bring some of the women drawn to my ideas together in a mutually supportive group. That’s what we do in my yearlong group coaching program Turned-On Living .
The Turned-On Living philosophy is simple: When you shift your attention to what makes you feel energized, everything else will naturally follow.
Your confidence, your clearest desires, and the ability to follow through and make them happen, or create whatever magic wants to happen in your life.
TOL is an adventure in community, with a small group of women exploring together and supporting each other along the way.
"It’s been wonderful to share experiences, see commonalities, learn and grow together, and collectively build a community! The members of the group are non-judgmental, inspiring, and incredibly supportive.”
Davina Bhandari, Toronto, TOL 2023 Cohort
Who it’s for
- You’re a smart, thoughtful woman, and sometimes you get accused of “overthinking” or “thinking too much.” You want to get out of your head and connect with your body.
- You are responsible and diligent. You want more pleasure and joy. You want to feel more confident, spontaneous, and present.
- You want to get clear on what you really want for your life.
- You want to set limits on work.
- You want to have more comfort and ease in your body at every age, and access to sensuality and pleasure with a partner and on your own.
- You have some people-pleasing tendencies that you’d like to change. You want to learn how to say no and be okay with it.
- You want to feel vital, alive, sensual, sexual. You’re intrigued by the idea that building your sexual energy as a woman could help you out in all areas of your life.
- You might feel uncomfortable sying the word “pussy” out loud but you are curious to learn about “pussywalking” as a path of empowerment.
- You want to be part of a consistent group of open-minded, adventurous women supporting each other to live a turned-on life, in a group where you can be real and feel like you belong.
What You Will Get Out of It
- A group of women being real, learning together, guided by an expert life coach whose work is written up in the New York Times and Vogue
- Tune into your body sensations to get clear about what you feel, and what you want in your life. Prioritize the things that bring you joy and fulfillment.
- Grow your confidence to ask for and create what you want in your life
- Stop people-pleasing, and start speaking up (and sharing who you really are with people in your life)
- Master your pussywalk. Yes, you read that right. At every age. Embodying your unique pussywalk will do wonders for your posture, radiance, and confidence.
- Explore your own sensuality and sexuality that can be harnessed and enjoyed alone in a way that bolsters your sense of self-love, self-expression, and self-worth.
- Digitally detox–and learn how to practice your own unique versions of rest
- Create boundaries at work to reduce, heal from and prevent burnout
- Become more bold and learn how to dance with the fear that inevitably comes up when you start going for what you really want
"Turned-On Living has been profoundly life-changing. Now I have tools, habits, movements, emotional support and a cheering section as I build a happier life.”
How it works
TOL is a yearlong adventure in women’s empowerment and personal development, with a focus on embodiment and developing sacred sexual energy. Every month has a theme, from Anti-People-Pleasing to Prioritizing Pleasure to Embodied Self-Compassion. This year in Turned-On Living teaches you the skills I have observed my clients most need and benefit from in 1:1 work.
Three Weekly 75-Minute Group Coaching Calls per Month: If you miss a call once in a while, that’s fine. You get the recording and catch up with us on Whatsapp.
“Playwork” and Reading: Every month has transformative “playwork” for you to do. The “playwork” takes about an hour a week. The reading varies, sometimes a few hours a month.
A private Whatsapp group where we share experiences and questions and support each other.
A Monthly Check-In Buddy: Every month you make a date with your Check-In Buddy. Our current participants love the Check-In Buddy calls!
Four 15-minute check-ins quarterly. Personalized help from me on whatever is blocking you, such as visioning or connecting with your body.
A weekend IRL retreat in Providence, Rhode Island. We meet in person to bond, and dance together. (Retreat is a separate cost–and is amazing!)
"I highly recommend Turned-On Living if you're in need of a wriggle out of the darkness and someone to provide the necessary encouragement and options to find your version of a turned-on life."
Maggie Buford, Austin, Texas
Why I created Turned-On Living
Pleasure…why am I drawn to helping women prioritize their own pleasure through Turned-On Living? It’s not what I thought I would do when I “grew up”!
My early upbringing in Cranston, Rhode Island, a suburb of Providence, led me to crave achievement. I started to become very competitive in ninth grade. I wanted to be the best girl at school.
I graduated as high school valedictorian, attended an Ivy League college, and wrote for the Village Voice by 22. In my early thirties, I published Quirkyalone and To-Do List with HarperCollins and Simon&Schuster, and cofounded and sold a company, StyleMob, in Silicon Valley. By the time I was 35, my resume looked extraordinary. I was definitely “successful,” but I wasn’t happy.
Nearly 15 years ago, I faced a kind of emptiness, a burnout when my life force energy dwindled away staring at screens at a Silicon Valley social media tech job that I didn’t believe in. I couldn’t seem to get beyond date three with anyone, and I didn’t know who I was anymore. I had lost touch with myself entirely in the quest to do what an adult woman was supposed to do: advance in her career, find a man to marry, buy a house, have children.
I didn’t know if I was lovable, actually.
I’d always been a heady person. I needed to get in touch with my body again. An instinct to reconnect with my sensuality led me to move to Brazil for six months, then to Colombia, and then to Argentina. All along the way I was reconnecting with sensuality, healing in ways that I wouldn’t understand until later when I began to write my memoir (still in progress) Wet.
Body-based intuition. Wisdom from the body. Inner knowing. Whatever you want to call it, I was following impulses. All that will be told in my memoir Wet!
Between 35 and 40, I discovered tango, orgasmic meditation, and many other practices that became a path of sensual empowerment that now fuel the philosophy of life that I call Turned-On Living. In sum, Turned-On Living is about prioritizing your own connection with your body and your joy and pleasure on a daily basis, and the feelings you receive in your body, to know who you are, and what you want.
The best way to learn is in community. We can all accelerate our learning by doing it together, comparing notes. Turned-On Living is my way of creating community for women who are drawn to my work. These women are too cool to not bring together.
Our first year of the program ran in 2023. It’s been an amazing journey.
I am excited to convene a new group for 2024.
If you are curious about being part of the Turned-On Living 2024 group, reach out and we will have a conversation.
Wanna be part of the 2024 group?
Enter your email to indicate your interest.
I talk with each person to create the cohort. We will be together for a year, so I take creating this group seriously!
Wanna explore being part of this next one?