Reconnect to yourself and your sensuality. Come away to Buenos Aires to discover yourself through Sasha’s Tango Adventure.
Update: January 2022. The Tango Adventure is on pause during the pandemic.
While we are waiting out the pandemic, you can get coached to prepare. Explore my coaching programs here.
You are at a plateau and want something to challenge you, a new adventure to take you outside of your comfort zone.
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time.
What if I told you that you could:
- Reconnect to your sensuality
- Explore intimacy
- Become more confident
- Learn to walk in a new, sexy, “tango” way connected to your “pussy” by “pussywalking”!
And you could do all that while also having an amazing immersive vacation in the intoxicating, authentic Buenos Aires tango scene?
You say, God, that sounds amazing but I don’t know how to tango. Or I don’t know if I’m ready for the Buenos Aires milongas (where the tango addicts dance).
You don’t have to know how to tango. You can be a total beginner or have some tango or dance experience. You can be any age.
Sasha’s Tango Adventure is for women (and men) who are asking: Can I still live an Adventure that calls to me at this age? When I feel yearnings for passion and connection, what do I do with them? Can I still feel sexy and dance? Yes. We have created the oasis where you can explore all that and bring what you learn back home with you.
My transformative tango team will meet you exactly where you are in your journey to give you the support you need to take your first tango steps in Buenos Aires.
We have been making tango dreams come true since 2014. Through our proven methodology you will discover what tango has to teach you for your confidence, posture, relationships, sensuality, masculinity and femininity, trust, boundaries, and connection to yourself.
You might even have your first tangasm…
This is a tangasm!
We take you to the best friendly milongas in Buenos Aires to immerse you in the culture and teach you the local codes. You will soon be dancing like a local.
GET A SNEAK PEEK
Watch these videos to see the Adventure that awaits you in Buenos Aires.
First Coaching, Then Tango!
Tango can be an amazing path of physical and psychological healing. That’s why I designed the Tango Adventure as a course of personal development.
Listen to Kelly Macias of Washington, D.C., talk about her transformative tango experience in this video.
WHAT YOU GET
Sasha’s Tango Adventure–designed by Quirkyalone author and feminist life coach Sasha Cagen–is a 7-day immersion program in transformative tango in Buenos Aires to help you learn tango and what tango has to teach you for your life, whether you have been dancing for years or you are a total beginner, at any age. If you’re looking for an amazing dance vacation in South America, this is it!
You can learn Argentine tango anywhere but to truly understand this dance you have to come to the source where tango was born among immigrants in a collision of cultures over 100 years ago. Our team teaches the essence of tango: Connection.
Buenos Aires is uniquely pulsing creative city–it’s the most cultural city in the world! You’ll find stylish people and extravagant architecture, wide boulevards and leafy parks, gastronomic delights, and of course, tango in the streets. Through Sasha’s Tango Adventure, you’ll get an intimate view of Buenos Aires through the eyes of locals combined with the perfect introduction to tango.
Sasha’s Tango Adventure team is waiting for you in Buenos Aires!
A community-based immersion program, without being on a preprogrammed “tour”
Sasha’s curated Tango Adventure creates a safe space for you to discover yourself through tango in Buenos Aires. Without being on a “tour.”
We have been guiding people on transformative Tango Adventures since 2014 so we know just how to support you for an authentic, tango immersion.
Think of it as a yoga retreat in the city with lots more chances for sensual connection and champagne–and tons of personal support for you to dance.
When you come on a Tango Adventure, Buenos Aires tango insiders will create a weeklong experience for you with all the details thought through for so you can relax and go on the ride of a lifetime.
Many guests have told us they felt a sense of inner peace that had not felt for a long time when they come on a Tango Adventure–that’s because we take such care to create an authentic, transformative, deeply Buenos Aires experience for you.
Everything is based on Sasha’s 10 years in Buenos Aires tango. Everything is designed by Sasha’s experience as a life coach helping women to connect to their sensuality, confidence, and joy.
Here’s what your personalized, curated Tango Adventure includes:
- Creation of a personalized 7-Day Itinerary for you that will be hand-picked and updated based on the week you come so you get the best of tango in Buenos Aires at the time you are here (because the tango scene is always changing here).
- Your very own Tango Fairygodmother or father. We connect you with your Tango Fairygodmother/father via Skype before you come so you establish a relationship. People will be waiting for you and excited to meet you. Your Tango Fairygodmother or father will accompany you to three milongas so it’s easy to go out at night, knowing you are not going alone and you have someone to support you to dance.
- Kickoff meeting with Tango Adventure coordinator Julia to go over your curated week, safety, public transport, changing money, etc. You will be good to go in Buenos Aires living like a local fast, knowing how to get around, and saving money with insider tips on changing money and discounts.
- Coffee or mate date with your Tango Fairygodmother or father. You’ll get to know your TFG, talk about the tango codes and the culture to get you ready for the milongas.
- 4 private 1- hour lessons with one of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires to learn tango and what tango reveals for you. It’s easy to wind up with a tango teacher who is not top-notch at teaching. In Sasha’s Tango Adventure you get some of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires who use Sasha’s philosophy of using tango as a mirror so you are learning tango and what tango will teach you for life. Private lessons will be tailored for you, whether you are a total beginner or have been dancing for years. We choose teachers for you based on your profile.
- 3 guided friendly milonga outings with your Tango Fairygodmother or Father. You’ll be an instant insider in milongas accompanied by your TFG.
- 1 3-hour Taxi Dancer (“dancer for hire”) night (we call them acompañantes de tu evolución) to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga with support, love and confidence.
- 2 Group tango lessons chosen for you and your level to get you meeting new people
- 1- hour private psicotango session to explore yourself and your body language through the movement of tango.
- 1-hour massage to relax your muscles
- Guided tango-shoe-shopping outing to secret showrooms. Your feet will be tango-ready with the most elegant and stable tango shoes for class and milongas.
- Tango Adventure discounts at secret boutiques for the best body-positive tango clothing and the best shoes
- Personal “concierge” help for the week and before to assist you with the things you want to do in Buenos Aires in your free time
- Time to spend on your own. We give you time to wander and discover your own treasures with alone time to reflect and rest. This is not an overscheduled tour! There’s nowhere better to digest your tango experience than at one of Buenos Aires’ many antique Bar Notables. We’ll point you to the best ones.
- Hotel and tango guesthouse recommendations with a special Sasha’s Tango Adventure deal to get insider treatment at one of the best tango guesthouses in Buenos Aires. This makes it easy for you to know where to stay, and immerses you in the tango community
- If you’re wondering what the heck is a Tango Fairygodmother/father…we made a video about that! Watch below. 🙂
Insider prices for big savings.
The Tango Adventure gives you insider pricing. You’ll save $ on additional private lessons, tango clothing, and private yoga classes.
Peace of mind.
If you’re concerned about safety, we tell you everything in the Itinerary–to make it easy and stress-free for you based on local knowledge. You also know insiders are arranging everything for you for an extraordinary week.
Be part of the local culture.
It’s not easy to break into a new dance scene. Sasha’s Tango Adventure will make you an instant insider in the tango culture. You can easily be dancing on night one!
Check back for pricing when we relaunch post-pandemic.
Nonrefundable deposit holds your spot when you book.
Payment plans are available to make it easy for you to budget. If you book in November for a trip in April, we can set up monthly payments for five months to pay in full before the trip.
Two-week adventures are also available. If you are interested in this two-week option then let us know when you fill out the questionnaire.
- Limited spaces are available since this is a highly personalized experience we craft individually with care for each person, couple or pair who come. This is not some corporate tourist operation passing you through a machine like cattle. This is bespoke, boutique transformative travel.
WHEN TO COME
Dates are on hold until the pandemic lifts.
Where you’ll stay
You can stay anywhere you like. To make it easy for you so you don’t waste hours on TripAdvisor, we give you trusted options in safe, central tango neighborhoods, all chosen because they will help you immerse yourself in the tango community.
Depending on the kind of hotel or guesthouse you choose, you can factor in $300 to $1500 a week for lodging.
what past adventurers say
Kerry Lander, Melbourne Australia
The Tango Adventure was one of the most valuable, transformative experiences in my recent life! As a coaching client of Sasha’s, being able to have face-to-face sessions was the icing on the cake. I recommend the Tango Adventure to anyone who is looking to connect with tango at its source and discover Buenos Aires in a gentler, friendlier, more fun way than you might on your own.
Christian Isely, New Mexico
Sasha’s Tango Adventure was an incredible and transformative experience. It caught just the right balance of teaching a new skill, sparking new friendships, exploring the best of Buenos Aires, and opening a new world. Tango is indeed an entire world in itself.
Denise Breheny, Los Angeles, CA
I started at zero and now I can get out there on the dance floor and people are saying it looks like tango! I’ve had an amazing time and if you are thinking about coming definitely you should. The music is so passionate, and soulful. It’s undescribable seeing the live tango bands.
Jeannette Gray, Melbourne, Australia
I traveled from Australia to South America for the first time solo without speaking Spanish. My time in Buenos Aires doing Sasha’s Tango Adventure was a pivotal and wonderful experience. Sasha and her team are the most lovely people, all of whom in their own ways appreciate the beauty and humanity at many levels of this transformational dance.
Diana Marx, Romania
Sasha’s Tango Adventure was everything I needed at that point. I was dancing tango for a few months and literally terrified to go to a milonga. My goal was to become a better dancer obviously but moreso to gain the confidence to enjoy myself at a milonga. This week gave me everything I needed, a few private classes with a stellar teacher, Sasha’s coaching skills, the amazing Goddess and pussywalking workshop and Wanda’s incredible support and sensitivity when it came to milonga outings. Wanda is vibrant and kind and a natural when it comes to pick up vibes and put one at ease, not to mention a graceful tango dancer. These ladies rock!
Paul Mooney, Rumford, RI
I met Sasha at a Quirkyalone meetup in Providence. Not being faint of heart, understanding and embracing the concept of quirkyalone, I said I would go. I had a tremendous experience. I encourage any man or woman to have this experience. Sasha’s trips are not to be missed!
Sabine Tuzik, Washington, DC
I’ve been raving about the Tango Adventure. It was by far and large the best vacation I’ve had in years. So many encounters and communion with like-hearted souls. I also love that tango will give me a path to travel and meet people, especially when I transition into retirement 2-4 years from now.
Claudia Fiaschetti, San Francisco, CA
I would do the Tango Adventure again in a heartbeat! The true joy I saw in Buenos Aires was from people living very large lives. I appreciated the level of intimacy required from tango, the balance between owning yourself and yielding to your partner. There are vital people dancing and living, no matter their age.
WHERE YOU WILL DANCE
You’ll visit a variety of milongas (the sacred places where tango is danced) with your Tango Fairygodmother (or father). From the elegant to the alternative, you can be part of this.
Add a Tango God/dess Shoot
The Tango Goddess Photo Shoot is a unique personal development/creative experience I developed with my team to help you get back in touch with your sensuality and beauty at every age … to find your unique Tango Goddess in you. The Tango Goddess Photo Shoot puts you back in contact with you. It’s a very Buenos Aires experience to remember.
You will be working with a hyper-talented and committed photographer who shoots with Netflix and major Argentine film productions (SONY) as Director of Photography.
Why I created the Tango Adventure
Tango Adventure founder Sasha with Tango Fairygodmother Marce and Tango Fairygodfather Kevin dancing in the background
I’m Sasha Cagen, author of the cult hit book Quirkyalone and To-Do List, a Rhode Island native who spent many years in the Bay Area, California, before I quit Silicon Valley and life brought me to tango in Buenos Aires. My upcoming memoir Wet is about my own healing journey through sensuality across South America. Wet tells the story of how I wound up in tango in Buenos Aires.
Because I experienced so much transformation through tango I wanted to offer more women the same opportunity through a program that gives you structure and anchors in the tango scene.
In my Tango Adventure program, I give you what took me 10 years to figure out and tap into: the power of sensuality and finding connection through your body in dance. My goal is to set you up not only for a week of bliss and self-exploration in tango but a lifetime of future adventures. We sublimate many desires through shopping, phone addiction, and/or going to the gym when what we are really looking for is connection. Tango is one powerful way to find connection within yourself and to a partner.
Come away with my team to Buenos Aires for a Tango Adventure. It will be an amazing vacation and much more.
ENTER YOUR EMAIL TO START THE ADVENTURE