The Tango Adventure Team
The Tango Adventure is a transformative travel experience, so our team provides a a safe, facilitating container and foundation for the whole experience.
- Sasha is the chief curator of your experiences based on 7 years of experience in tango in Buenos Aires. As your tango-for-life coach, she also helps you to put into words what you are learning through your body in your tango lessons and translate those lessons into intentions for your life, on and off the dance floor.
- Colleen puts together all the details, creates your schedule, coordinates with individual characters making up your adventure, and handles payment for the individual experiences so all you have to do is show up.
- Our tango teachers are hand-picked for teaching tango as a connection and a metaphor for life. You will not be learning steps, you’ll be learning tango in a deep way as you can only learn and feel it in Buenos Aires. All our teachers speak English.
- Our milonga guides are local dancers who speak English and who are passionate about sharing the culture, history, and the rituals and codes of how people behave in the milonga. It’s better to have a guide than to go alone so you go deep into the culture. It’s also a huge relief to have a companion to help with the language. Not everyone at the milonga will speak English.
- Our tango taxi dancers are “companions to your evolution” on the dance floor and we choose all our taxi dancers for their warm embrace and personality. It’s always hard to break into a new tango scene when you don’t know anyone so this experience will help you get started with more ease and flow than going alone.
- Our photographers and videographers are the best with vast experience in the tango scene and the cinema industry so your pictures and videos will be incredible.
We know things only a team of locals and foreigners living in Buenos Aires for years could know. You won’t have one or two great experiences during your time with us; every activity will be truly special and the experience will be carefully thought through.
We’ll help you navigate language and cultural barriers, making it easy for you to jump into your experience in the “Paris of the South” while getting you into the most quintessentially Buenos Aires spaces.
Founder + Life Coach
I’m a writer, a life coach, and the founder of the Tango Adventure. Tango changed my life and I know it can change yours too. I’m most well-known for my first book Quirkyalone: A Manifesto for Uncompromising Romantics and I’m currently at work on a memoir.
I was born in Rhode Island, went to college in New York City, and moved to San Francisco for many years until I got burned out in Silicon Valley and left to explore a different life in South America. I’ve been living in Buenos Aires off and on since 2012 and I created this experience for you based on the magic I have found in Buenos Aires tango.
In the Tango Adventure, I make sure you are having amazing experiences by creating the schedule and the team. For those who work directly with me as a coach, I help you to connect the dots on what tango is revealing for you in your life. Tango is a very powerful tool for awareness, and I love to help you uncover what tango can teach you for your life for your confidence, relationships, and sensuality.
Tango Adventure Coordinator
I am a contemporary dancer and choreographer from Connecticut but now call Buenos Aires home. As an undergrad at Bates College I studied Dance and Anthropology which eventually led me to discover tango in Buenos Aires and pursue a thesis project on the rich culture inhabiting the dance. What I love most about tango is its social context, full of people of all ages, nationalities, and backgrounds dancing together and learning from each other. I coordinate our group and custom adventures, and during the Tango Adventure I will assist you in making the most of your time in Buenos Aires: visiting tourist sites, finding neighborhood cafes, getting in some shopping, or just being an ear to listen. . . whatever you need!
Transformative Tango Guide
I am a tango dancer and teacher graduated from the National University of Arts in Buenos Aires and Life Coach certified by the ICF. After studying architecture for 7 years my life changed with tango with many personal and social discoveries. My goal is to plant the seeds of tango in you so that a new way of looking at and sharing with others can grow. I invite you on a tango trip where music and hugs will be our flow with a context of security and confidence so that you can live your tango journey in your own way.
Tango Goddess Photographer + Videographer
I’m Tan, a photographer, videographer, and director of photography for cinema projects from Istanbul. I moved to Buenos Aires when I was invited to document the making of a movie in Buenos Aires, and I stayed. If you choose to do a Tango Goddess photography sessnionin the streets of Buenos Aires and/or at the milongas, or a video of you dancing, I’ll be your photographer/videographer capturing you at your best. I made the video “Tango Big Night Out” with Sasha, so if you watch that video on this page you can get a sense of my visual eye!
Companion to your evolution on the dance floor
Roberto is one of our many wonderful and carefully chosen taxi dancers. As you can see he has a fantastic personality and will put you very at ease in his warm embrace on the dance floor.
I’m Joe, a writer, translator, teacher and traveller from Manchester, England. I worked in journalism in the UK for several years after university writing for the Guardian and the Glossop Chronicle before deciding I needed to see the sun. A transfer opportunity in 2011 brought me to Buenos Aires, where I expected to stay for a year. It’s hard to say which I fell in love with most – the immense city, its people or its most famous dance, but together these things have kept me here longer than I could have imagined.
Tango has become an ongoing process of discovery and a major passion that’s led me do my fair share of research into the history, orchestras, and myths and legends around the dance. I love sharing this knowledge with the guests on our adventures, but most of all I love seeing our guests find things for themselves when I accompany them on and off the dance floor.