awaken the tango in you in buenos aires
Far more than a tango tour, this is a Tango Adventure. Solo Chica™-style.
Come away to Buenos Aires. The magic happens in the unknown. Our team is here to support you.
You are at a plateau and want something to challenge you, a new adventure to take you outside of your comfort zone.
You love the idea of exploring tango at the source–something spiritual and sexy at the same time.
…you want an adventure that is safe, but also thrilling
…you want to become more confident
…you want to learn to let go, to take charge, to listen, to trust, to trust yourself
…you want to more pleasure in your life
…you are ready to meet fascinating people who are following their heart and living differently in Buenos Aires for off the tourist map
Travel, tango, Buenos Aires, transformation, reconnection to your sensuality, and tango shoes. . . what’s not to love?
What if I told you that you could:
- Reconnect to your sensuality
- Explore intimacy
- Become more confident
- Gain life-changing awareness about yourself and your own patterns
- Learn to walk in a new, sexy, “tango” way
And you could do all that while also having an amazing immersive vacation in the intoxicating, authentic Buenos Aires tango scene?
You say, God, that sounds amazing but I don’t know how to tango. Or I don’t know if I’m ready for the Buenos Aires milongas (where the tango addicts dance).
You don’t have to know how to tango. You can be a total beginner or have some tango or dance experience. You can be any age.
My transformative tango team will meet you exactly where you are in your journey to give you the support you need to take your first tango steps in Buenos Aires.
You will discover what tango has to teach you for your confidence, posture, relationships, sensuality, masculinity and femininity, trust, boundaries, and connection to yourself.
You might even have your first tangasm…
Watch this invitation from Sasha, Quirkyalone author, life coach and creator of the Solo Chica Tango Adventure.
WANNA GO ON AN ADVENTURE?
You’ll get an insider view of Buenos Aires
You can learn Argentine tango anywhere but to truly understand this dance you have to come to the source where tango was born among immigrants in a collision of cultures over 100 years ago.
When you come on a Solo Chica Tango Adventure, you will live like a local fast. You’ll get an intimate view of Buenos Aires through the eyes of locals combined with the perfect introduction to tango in Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is known as the “Paris of the South.” You’ll discover a uniquely pulsing creative city of stylish people and extravagant architecture, wide boulevards and leafy parks, gastronomic delights, and of course, tango in the streets.
As one woman who came on a recent adventure told me, “If I had come on my own maybe I would have had 1 amazing day. With your help I had 7 amazing days.”
Buenos Aires is where you will find a global culture of Argentines and international tango addicts who go out to dance every night in the vibrant milonga culture. If you decide to come back to live in Buenos Aires or to spend more time, you will be well positioned by the deep introduction you’ll get in a week as a Solo Chica.
Your Solo Chica Tango Adventure will be personally curated for you by Buenos Aires tango insiders.
Your Tango Fairygodmother and the Solo Chica Coordinator design your Itinerary leveraging our years of expertise, and our knowledge of what’s going on the week you come to Buenos Aires. Everything will be tailored for you: your age, level, and expectations for your trip.
Solo Chica is all about ease for you as a solo traveler. Our coordinator books everything for you so you can relax and let go for the ride of a lifetime. You don’t have to worry about the details of where to go, what to do, who to study with, or how to take your first steps on the dance floor.
Here’s what your curated Tango Adventure includes:
- A pre-trip Skype meeting with your Tango Fairygodmother or father (TFG) before you come so she or he can get to know you, your level, and your expectations for the trip. She or he will customize your milonga Itinerary to choose the best milongas for you: afternoon or late-night? Traditional or alternative? Heart-centered or elite? Beginner or years in?
- Coffee date on your first day with your TFG to go over your curated week. The schedule will have been booked and expertly arranged by our Solo Chica coordinator Julia.
- Guided tango shoe-shopping outing to secret showrooms with Julia for the best, most elegant and stable tango shoes stores for practice and elegant shoes. You also get a special Solo Chica discount for your shoes and tango clothes. This comes first so you get the shoes to support your dreams of dancing tango well.
- 3 guided evening or afternoon outings to the best friendly milongas chosen for you by your TFG. These are the beautiful places where people dance tango in Buenos Aires. Your Tango Fairygodmother or father will teach you the secret codes of the milonga and support you to dance so you are jumping right into the local culture. Plus one bonus outing to a milonga organized by one of our TFG.
- 1 3-hour Taxi Dancer (“dancer for hire”) night (we call them acompañantes de tu evolución) to help you make your debut onto the dance floor at a Buenos Aires milonga with confidence. This accompaniment helps you get on the dance floor with someone who makes you feel comfortable. Our taxi dancers are wonderful, good-hearted dancers who dance with people at all levels of experience.
- 4 private 1- hour lessons with one of the best tango teachers in Buenos Aires to learn tango and what tango reveals for you. Private lessons are the best way to learn, and we choose the best teachers for you. These lessons are tailored for you, whether you are a total beginner or have been dancing tango for years. They will teach you technique, connection, and embrace as it can only be learned in Buenos Aires.
- Group tango lesson chosen for you and your level to get you meeting new people
- Sasha’s course in Confidence, Boundaries and Sensuality, which you will learn with your TFG in the milongas, to help you learn from the culture and feel empowered when you go out to dance
- 1- hour private psicotango session with local psychoanalysts specializing in tango to learn tango and what your body language reveals for your self. This is a totally unique only-in-Buenos Aires insider experience.
- Personal “concierge” help for the week and before to assist you with the things you want to do in Buenos Aires in your free time and to help you navigate the city, especially helpful for those who are the first time in Buenos Aires and don’t speak Spanish, from our coordinator Julia
- Hookup with our favorite friendly taxi driver who will pick you up at the airport (and who also dances tango)
- Time to spend on your own. We give you time to wander and discover your own treasures with alone time to reflect and rest. This is not an overscheduled tour! There’s nowhere better to digest your tango experience than at one of Buenos Aires’ many antique Bar Notables where you can journal and get a cortado (coffee cut with a little milk). We’ll point you to the best ones.
- All the info you need to prepare, including books to read and all the FAQ info we have developed since hosting people in the Tango Adventure since 2014
Your personalized Solo Chica Tango Adventure Itinerary will open doors for you to hidden milongas, secret boutiques, and all the insider stuff we’ve discovered over nearly a decade of living our passion for tango in Buenos Aires.
WHERE YOU WILL DANCE
You’ll visit a variety of milongas (the sacred places where tango is danced) with your Tango Fairygodmother (or father). From the elegant to the alternative, you can be part of this.
Add a Tango God/dess Shoot
The Tango Goddess Photo Shoot is a unique personal development/creative experience I developed with my team to help you get back in touch with your sensuality and beauty at every age … to find your unique Tango Goddess in you. The Tango Goddess Photo Shoot puts you back in contact with you. It’s a very Buenos Aires experience to remember.
You will be working with a hyper-talented and committed photographer who shoots with Netflix and major Argentine film productions (SONY) as Director of Photography.
Add Coaching with Sasha
Tango can be an amazing path of physical and psychological healing. That’s why I designed the Tango Adventure as a course of personal development where you get to discover what tango has to teach you.
If you want to gain a space to talk about all you are learning, you can pair the Tango Adventure with life coaching with me. For some people, tango and coaching are the ideal combination.
Insider prices for big savings.
The Solo Chica Adventure more than pays for itself with the insider pricing. You’ll save $ on additional private lessons, shoes, clothing, yoga, and massage.
Peace of mind.
If you’re concerned about safety, we tell you everything in the Itinerary–to make it easy and stress-free for you based on local knowledge.
Be part of the local culture.
It’s not easy to break into a new dance scene. Solo Chica will make you an instant insider in the tango culture. You can easily be dancing on night one!
MEET YOUR TFG
In your Tango Adventure you will have a Tango Fairygodmother (or father) to help make your tango dreams come true. We matchmake you with the right TFG for you based on our phone interview.
Tango Fairygodfather + Taxi Dancer
Tango Fairygodmother + Tango Teacher
Tango Adventure Price: $2195
Nonrefundable deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
Payment plans are available to make it easy for you to budget. For example, if you book in November for a trip in April, we can then set up monthly payments of $339 for five months to pay in full before the trip.
- Two-week adventures are also available. If you are interested in this two-week option then let us know when you fill out the questionnaire.
Limited spaces are available since this is a highly personalized experience we craft individually with love for each person, couple or friends who come. Don’t wait to book to assure availability.
This is not some corporate tourist operation passing you through a machine like cattle. This is bespoke, boutique transformative travel.
WHEN TO COME
- For Solo Chicas (or Chicos), we encourage you to come for your 7-day Adventure in the first week of each month: Saturday, January 4, February 1, March 1, April 4, May 2, June 6, July 4, August 1, September 5, October 3, November 7, December 5.
- We encourage you to come the first week of the month so you have the chance of meeting other Solo Chica/os. More than once people have struck up friendships and even decided to travel to Buenos Aires again together. But if those dates don’t work for you, no worries. Solo Chica was designed to make it easy for you to come on your own and meet tons of kindred-soul people.
- If you want to come at another time, inquire about availability. Any time in Buenos Aires is great for tango.
Where you’ll stay
You can stay anywhere you like. To make it easy for you so you don’t waste hours on TripAdvisor, we give you trusted options in safe, central tango neighborhoods, all chosen because they will help you immerse yourself in the tango community. As a Solo Chica, you can get special discounts to stay at the best tango guesthouse in Buenos Aires where you will meet others drawn to the passion of tango.
Depending on the kind of room you choose, you can factor in $300 to $500 a week for lodging.
what past adventurers say
Kerry Lander, Melbourne Australia
The Tango Adventure was one of the most valuable, transformative experiences in my recent life! As a coaching client of Sasha’s, being able to have face-to-face sessions was the icing on the cake. I recommend the Tango Adventure to anyone who is looking to connect with tango at its source and discover Buenos Aires in a gentler, friendlier, more fun way than you might on your own.
Christian Isely, New Mexico
Sasha’s Tango Adventure was an incredible and transformative experience. It caught just the right balance of teaching a new skill, sparking new friendships, exploring the best of Buenos Aires, and opening a new world. Tango is indeed an entire world in itself.
Sabine Tuzik, Washington, DC
I’ve been raving about the Tango Adventure. It was by far and large the best vacation I’ve had in years. So many encounters and communion with like-hearted souls. I also love that tango will give me a path to travel and meet people, especially when I transition into retirement 2-4 years from now.
Jeannette Gray, Melbourne, Australia
I traveled from Australia to South America for the first time solo without speaking Spanish. My time in Buenos Aires doing Sasha’s Tango Adventure was a pivotal and wonderful experience. Sasha and her team are the most lovely people, all of whom in their own ways appreciate the beauty and humanity at many levels of this transformational dance.
Why I created the Solo Chica Tango Adventure
Born and raised in Rhode Island. Hooked on tango since 2010. I left behind a perfectly good career in Silicon Valley to follow a calling to study tango in Buenos Aires. Dancing tango in Buenos Aires has given me so much joy, and facilitated so much deep healing, I wanted to help others have the same experience.
I created the Solo Chica Tango Adventure so you can find your own bliss through tango in Buenos Aires and to empower more women to feel comfortable traveling alone. Simply put, I love supporting women to reconnect to their sensuality and their joie de vivre. Your sensuality can be a source of power and vitality. This stuff is too good to not share!
I started tango in my mid-thirties. I never had a “dancer’s body.” One important message of my work with tango is that tango is for everybody–and every body. If you can walk and hug, you are going to do great!
Can men come? What about couples?
Yes. We call it Solo Chica but men are welcome to come for a Tango Adventure. So are couples. We have already hosted plenty of both. Your schedule (Tangasm Itinerary) will be personally designed for you. Women are also welcome to learn to lead and men are welcome to learn to follow. Our teachers and guides support you to learn whatever role you want to focus on.
What does Solo Chica mean?
Solo Chica is all about creating a new way for women to travel alone independently with Itineraries and local contacts that support you for an extraordinary transformative learning adventure. Call it travel with a purpose or transformative travel, with the twist of thinking through everything you need as a woman to travel alone. Especially focused on adventures that are body-based and/or sensual because we all need some help getting off screens, out of our heads, and back into our bodies and feeling good. The first one is the Tango Adventure in Buenos Aires. Stay tuned!
Why Solo Chica and not Sola Chica?
Why Solo Chica vs. Sola?
I talked to many many people and debated Solo Chica vs. Sola Chica.
In the end, we went with Solo Chica, not Sola Chica, because although English speakers think that “Sola Chica” sounds correct actually Sola Chica means “lonely girl” in Spanish. Lonely girl is not the sad vibration we want our brand to send out to the universe!
Can my 7-day Solo Chica Tango Adventure start on any day of the week?
You can start any day of the week.
Are there refunds?
The $500 deposit is nonrefundable.
For cancellations 45 days or more prior to departure, fees paid are refunded less $1000. Cancellations made 45 days or less prior to departure will result in loss of all monies received.
ENTER YOUR EMAIL TO START THE ADVENTURE