Happy new year all! Even though clearly the start of 2021 has not turned a new page for us in the US (last week’s events in D.C. at the Capital are pretty damn shocking) I still believe we have the right to wish ourselves a happy new year. So happy new year.
I’m glad to share this podcast with you in the first month of the new year. This is a funny one. My soon-to-be sister-in-law Rachael Dubinsky (she’s marrying my very lucky little bro Dan) recently started a podcast called Wicked Writers with the intention of talking about taboo topics. She found the right writer-relative to interview in me! Pretty much all my writing touches on shame, the things we don’t want to admit, in the service of healing. My own, yours, the world’s….
In this podcast you get to hear me explain all the wild and wonderful stuff I have been up to for the last years, from becoming a celebrity in Argentina for being the first woman to marry myself in that country (this was nuts) to the long journey of writing a scarily honest memoir (and why writing memoir can take years and years).
I invite you to take a listen, here’s what you will hear us talk about:
* Quirkyalone in the pandemic–loneliness vs. solitude
* The upcoming version of an updated Quirkyalone
* Quirkyalone Day (which is coming up on February 14!), and that way predates Galentine’s Day!
* Being quirkytogether: designing a couple relationship honestly and as a path of intimacy
* Tips for carving out your own space during Covid if living with others
* The revealing nature of the pandemic. When distractions are stripped away we may find truths we haven’t wanted to face. We have the chance to be more honest.
* The path of healing through clicks in our bodies (things we can’t reach alone just by talking that we need to feel)
* The long process that is memoir-writing. It’s not uncommon that it takes 8 to 10 years to write a memoir and why it’s important to know that.
* Overcoming fear in being truly honest in your writing
* The unexpected journey of writing memoir and all the places it might lead internally and externally
* Why I started a coaching practice
* Decisions as we get older about what’s really important
* How coaching others nourishes me
* Uncovering authentic sexuality beyond all the cliches as life force energy, and how pussywalking is one easy way to tap into that life force energy
* Recognizing the needs of single people in a pandemic
* Dating during Covid as a reprimand on hookup culture because so much needs to be discussed beforehand
* Obstacles and opportunities of dating during Covid
* Dating as an experience of self-discovery
* Rules of engagement in online dating
At the end of the podcast there is a special secret word for those of you who are interested in coaching with me… but you have to listen to the podcast to discover what that word is and what secret worlds it grants you access to visit!
Go here to listen my Wicked Writers podcast or listen directly below.
Sign up for Rachael’s newsletter Wicked Writers to get updates about new podcasts, and subscribe on Apple, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts.
If you know someone who Rachael should interview or you want to nominate yourself as a Wicked Writer email hello at wickedwriters dot org.